An afternoon at Blakey Ridge, North Yorkshire was turning out to be a total failure on the Odonata front, with a couple of small ponds checked turning up nothing. With occasional showers, some heavy, it was rather surprising to check the last pond after 6pm to find 200+ Emerald Damsefly Lestes sponsa hung up in the cold. It pays to keep looking!
- The big Spring emergence and a new Tophill species
- Tophill’s longest-staying white-winger departs as flava fun begins
- Quaker hits 1000 records, the 84 day ‘white-winger’ and large egrets appear as a three
- Scarce Acleris appears early in the 2018 moth campaign
- Teasel heads of Tophill Low NR hold scarce Yorkshire moth
- 29,890 hits