An afternoon at Blakey Ridge, North Yorkshire was turning out to be a total failure on the Odonata front, with a couple of small ponds checked turning up nothing. With occasional showers, some heavy, it was rather surprising to check the last pond after 6pm to find 200+ Emerald Damsefly Lestes sponsa hung up in the cold. It pays to keep looking!
- The Tophill Low NR list – just keeps increasing
- Moths lead the way as wader passage continues with a trickle in inland East Yorkshire
- Tophill moth list hits 650 as 2017 site year list races past 300 species
- Diverse array of scarcities and rarities continues from late May into early June
- Scorching late May temperatures see records broken at Tophill Low NR
- 27,219 hits